Brad Simon is a former Air Force Judge Advocate with an exceptional record of achieving successful results in the most challenging military justice cases. During his time in the JAG Corps, he defended thousands of service members in high-stakes cases involving sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse and pornography, drug-related offenses, and other misconduct allegations under the UCMJ.
Brad started his military service in the JAG Corps at Schriever AFB, where he earned the honor of #1 JAG in the legal office on three consecutive officer evaluations. He was later selected as one of the youngest Area Defense Counsels in Air Force history and assigned to the busiest criminal defense office in the branch – Lackland AFB. For the remainder of his active-duty service, Brad maintained a reputation for excellence inside and outside of the courtroom, earning distinctions as the #1 Area Defense Counsel in the entire Air Force and being named the Company Grade Officer of the Year in 2021.
A native of Delaware, Brad earned his Bachelor of Arts in political science and economics from the University of Delaware before completing his Juris Doctor at Wake Forest University School of Law. While in law school, he found his passion for criminal defense and trial advocacy while competing for the university’s nationally ranked trial competition team. Today, Brad helps develop and mentor the profession’s next generation of top litigators by teaching trial advocacy at St. Mary’s University Law School in San Antonio while also serving as a coach for the school’s the mock trial team.
- Military Justice
- Separation Boards
- Non-Judicial Punishment
- Discharge Upgrades
- Officer Grade Determinations
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- Order of Barristers
- National Trial Team
- Pro Bono National Honor Society
- University of Delaware, B.S., Political Science and Economics
Military Experience and Honors
- Captain and Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, United States Air Force Reserves
- United States Air Force JAG Corps
- #1 Area Defense Counsel
- Company Grade Officer of the Year, 2021
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- Staff Assistant and Intern Coordinator, United States Senator Thomas R. Carper (DE)